A little about me..

Books are my first love, followed by music , movies and travelling. Also like to dabble in cooking and kid's activities. I am here to share what amuses me...

Friday, February 3, 2012

First school experiences

I'm sending my little one to a play group, since three days. She cries when I leave her in the play room, where some kids are howling. The teacher tells me she calms down quickly and does the activity scheduled for the day. I wait on the school's terrace, thinking if I'm rushing her. Am I doing the right thing in sending her to the play group? She learnt many rhymes, can recognise colours and shapes, sings bed time songs etc at home. The idea is not for her to learn at school but to play with kids her age and the teachers.
Its really heartbreaking to leave her when she's crying. And I even dont know if she's happy. The teachers say she is ok. Its an experience i despise to go through.
May be these playgroups should employ one teacher for every 4 or 5 kids. That way, there can be more attention on the child. And as the saying goes,'the crying baby gets all the attention' , one crying child triggers off a room full of them. Did I choose the right school? If she stops crying in a week or 10 days, well and good. If not, should I discontinue sending her? I just cannot force her as I'm afraid that will make her insecure amd lose her trust in me.
One more thing : there's going to be a toy themed fancy dress competition in 3 weeks. The child should be dressed to look like a toy. I zeroed in on 2 ideas : A robot dress, a peacock dress. Making the former would be easier. All I need are cardboard boxes, aluminium foil, colour paper. The latter option is what I would really like to make, but its a tough one. I'll post the pictures and how I made it when I'm done. Wish me luck!
Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment