A little about me..

Books are my first love, followed by music , movies and travelling. Also like to dabble in cooking and kid's activities. I am here to share what amuses me...

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lazy Sunday

What's a weekend when you have got nothing on your to-do list? And not a soul for company?Nor even a good book? Hmm..that's what this weekend is for me. With hubby busy with work overload, I'm holed at home with baby. So I am reminiscing about last Sunday. We visited the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, with our toddler in tow. The park seriously needs revamping, since the infrastructure is almost outdated. Many animals dont show up, so one gets to doubt if there are any.

We took the mini train ride around the forest, during which we spotted deer and thats about it.  Then there are duck shaped boats available for rent, for people to cycle over the lake. We didnt take the boat since that would expose baby to the hot afternoon sun. Then we headed to the tiger/lion sanctuary in a bus. We could see the wildies roaring and roaming around the bus.

The trek up to the Kanheri caves is worth trying. The best way to spend the day here is to come with a gang of friends on bicycles. Cycle through the park to various locations and finally end it by climbing up to the caves. College-goers might love this outing, I guess, if one is an outdoors kinda person.

May be thats where they went before malls and coffee shops cropped up everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I forgot to mention the monkeys. There are lots...

    ReplyDelete