A little about me..

Books are my first love, followed by music , movies and travelling. Also like to dabble in cooking and kid's activities. I am here to share what amuses me...

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Feeling down? This is how I cheer up

" Smile, the world is sad enough without your woes "
We all have our good days and bad ones. Sometimes the latter leave me feeling down.
Blame it on stress, hectic lifestyle which gives little time for human interaction, or any thing under the sun, some days are just not our best.
Though de-stressing may not solve the problem at hand, it certainly helps clear the mind. This is how I cheer myself up :
1. Pick a Wodehouse, especially Right Ho, Jeeves! Crack up laughing in no time.
2. Do some cleaning. If I look around the house, there's something or the other that needs my attention. Removing stains on the glass table, the refrigerator, etc
3. Give myself a good wash, from head to toe with a scrub. I dislike beauty parlour visits except for a haircut.
4. Yes! Get a hair cut, if it's grown too long, or just feel it is.
5. Go for a walk with the kids to the park.
6. Listen to melodious music or catchy film numbers. Badtameez Dil, Badtameez dil, maane Na, mane Na
7. Call a friend. This one works anytime, not only on KBC/Who wants to be a millionaire? !! After all,what are good friends for?
8. Make soup and eat it too, with a generous sprinkling of pepper.
9. Keep calm and try to meditate. I thought meditation is not for me, had a change of mind.
10. One jaadu ki jhappi from a loved one works wonders.Can't get? Give! This one has been proved to be a lifter.
11. Light aromatic candles.
And go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment