A little about me..

Books are my first love, followed by music , movies and travelling. Also like to dabble in cooking and kid's activities. I am here to share what amuses me...

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pancakes for 8 month olds

Here's a simple pancake recipe I tried this week. The texture was perfect for my 8 month old to chew with her gums.
Ingredients:
2 tbsp rice flour
Half a large banana
1-2 tbsp milk
1 egg yolk
Blend all the ingredients to form a smooth paste. The batter should not be very runny. You might use more or less milk to adjust the consistency.
I used only the yolk of the egg since I was apprehensive of the protein in it's white. Check with your child's doctor before giving whites. If your child is already used to eggs, then you can add a whole egg.
Now grease a nonstick pan with a little butter. Pour the batter in small spoonfuls to make little pancakes. Flip them when you see air bubbles on top. The batter cooks fast so be careful not to burn it.
Cook for a minute on the other side and remove into serving bowl. This recipe is suitable for baby led weaning.
You can feed them to older kids too. And even mom! Ahem ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment