A little about me..

Books are my first love, followed by music , movies and travelling. Also like to dabble in cooking and kid's activities. I am here to share what amuses me...

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vegetable Puree for 7 month old baby

This simple and wholesome vegetable Puree is a must try, if you haven't done yet. I wasn't sure my baby will like it but she almost finished it.
Ingredients :
1 medium sized carrot,
1/2 small potato,
1 small piece bottle gourd,
1 small piece pumpkin,
2 cups water
1/2 tsp ghee, optional
Dice all the vegetables and pressure cook them with water.
Drain the veggies of extr. Water
Blend, strain and serve with a dash of ghee.
When baby gets used to this puree, you may add more veggies to it like peas, beans etc. This puree may also be mixed with cooked Dal for a high protein meal.
Do not add salt to the puree or any baby food. I'll post later why salt is bad for babies. Baby food tastes good enough without spices.
To keep baby attentive while feeding, maintain eye contact and tell a story or rhyme with vivid facial expressions.
Do leave a comment if you like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment